About this job
Marker Therapeutics is seeking a Scientist or Research Associate in its Assay Development group to support its ongoing efforts to develop immunotherapies for the benefit of patients with cancer. Depending on previous experience and qualifications, this individual will be expected to either lead or support the identification, development and optimization of cell-based assays to advance our therapeutic programs. The successful candidate must be able to work independently but also be a team player with strong expertise in assay development and must have the ability to communicate and collaborate within an interdisciplinary environment. Expertise in immunology/cancer biology/molecular biology preferred.
- Developed cell-based methods for characterization of specific relevant end-points for therapeutic programs.
- Possess methods for characterization of specific relevant end-points for therapeutic programs.
- Perform initial reagent validation in relevant cell-based assays.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot experiments, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues, to reach desired goals.
- Develop SOPs and worksheets
- Write reports of regulatory bodies
- Interact with vendors and other biotechnology companies
- Communicate with group leaders and other technologists
- Read and stay current with pertinent scientific literature
- Prepare and facilitate the transfer of the above assays to internal and/or external groups.
- Communicate research and development findings to internal and external partners.
Minimal Experience and Skills
- BS, MS in Biology or a related science with 5+ years of relevant industry/academia experience.
- Ph.D. in Biology or a related science with 2+ years of relevant industry/academia experience.
- Expertise in assay and reagent development, optimization, validation and standardization required.
- Experienced with T cell-based therapies preferred
- Experience with tissue culture and propagation of primary human cells.
- Attention to detail, ability to problem-solve, manage workflow, meet deadlines, communicate and work in a fast-paced team environment required.